I had some cravings for a banana bread and since I had some really ripe bananas, I thought, why not. Here is my very easy basic banana bread recipe!
2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)